Since I didn't blog yesterday, I thought I'd share a few things that I didn't in December. These beautiful quilted stockings were made by my dear friend Iris. Didn't she do a wonderful job? I love the prints she used and that she embroidered the names. I also like the decorative stitching where the seams meet. :)
These yummy pretzel sticks are something I shared at work this past Christmas... so easy to make, so inexpensive, so much fun!!! This is how I made them:
1) Melt a bag of chocolate chips using either a double boiler or by placing a small pan over a larger pan filled 1/4 to 1/2 hot water (on med temp burner).
2) Dip large straight pretzel into the melted chocolate, you can also use a knife or spoon to 'pour' the melted chocolate over the pretzel.
3) Sprinkle 'candies' (sometimes called 'Sprinkles' found in the cake decorating area in your grocery store) over the chocolate.
4) Place pretzels on cookie sheets that have been lined with waxed paper and refrigerate.
5) Wrap in clear plastic wrap.
You could make these for any holiday or special day... birthdays, anniversaries, open houses, school functions. You could also decorate them with ribbons and lace after wrapping them in the clear plastic, or you could group them together like a 'boquet'.